Leadership Alliance Mellon Initiative
For undergraduates interested in pursuing doctoral study in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Placement in a faculty-mentored research project
- Projects in Mellon designated fields of study
- Skills building and professional development
- Research presentation at Leadership Alliance National Symposium
- Networking online & multi-site programming
Apply through the SR-EIP application. Application deadline is February 1, 2020.
For Rising Juniors and Seniors.
Mellon Fields of Study
- Anthropology and Archeology
- Area, Cultural, Ethnic and Gender Studies
- Art History
- Film, Cinema and Media Studies (theoretical)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Geography and Population Studies
- Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
- Philosophy and Political Theory
- Religion and Theology
- Theater (non-performance focus)
Mellon Foundation Grant
Read News from February 2018: Mellon Foundation awards $1.25M grant to Leadership Alliance. The funds will support undergraduate research in the humanities and social sciences for underrepresented students identified, trained and mentored through the Brown-based Leadership Alliance.